How to keep a relationship alive is a question most people ask because many people find it difficult spicing up their relationships. When you ask those who have been married for years, they probably tell you there is no such thing as keeping your relationship alive, or they tell you it is personal to everyone.
I agree it is personal to everyone as I have conversed with different couples and have realized that keeping a relationship hot depends on the individual or couple. This article will discuss tips for having a happy marriage, things to do to make your relationship interesting, how to keep a long-distance relationship alive, ways to have a strong and happy relationship, relationship quotes, and advice.
Let’s start with tips for having a happy marriage
There are no magic tips for having a happy marriage, but happily married couples have been seen to:
- Have a strong love for each other, and;
- Be deeply committed to each other
Up Next is…
How to keep a relationship strong
To keep your relationship strong, here are the important things to note:
- Communication is important- some couples stop communicating once they get committed to one another. It is not a good way of managing a relationship. When you don’t speak to each other, you are gradually quenching the fire in your relationship. Find that time always to communicate when you are not together. You can communicate through phone calls or text messages. If you talk on the phone thrice a day before you started the relationship, since you started, increase it, don’t allow it to decrease.
- Learn new things- I have heard couples ask, “what is there to talk about every time?” When you see or talk on the phone every day or every time, and you go short of words, try to learn new things together or separately. When you do, you can discuss what you have learned together or separately. You can also practice those new things together. That way, you are not only strengthening your relationship but also building yourselves.
- Play like kids- always remember that you are with your partner, so when you are together, forget that you are adults and play like kids, without restrictions- who cares, no one is there. Be free to play games with your partner; it makes you want to see each other often because you will be reminded of the happy moments where you were running around the house, throwing pillows at each other.
- Don’t stop going on dates- going on dates helps you to be intimate. You won’t discuss some things on a normal day that would likely come up when you are out on a date.
- Talk about your sex life- sex is important in a relationship. When you talk about your sex life, it makes you know what your partner loves to do and what he doesn’t love. He might not be able to discuss it at the moment you were both having sex. When you have time to talk about it, you both can discuss what to add to your sex life to make it more interesting. Finding out more about each other’s sexual fantasies helps add spice to your relationship.
- Toss your phones aside- for at least an hour of the hours you are to spend together, do away with your phone. Don’t draw your conversations from the chats you are having with your friends. A lot of couples allow technology to take over the time they have to spend with their partners. Leaving your phone to focus on your significant other tells her that as important as your mobile phone is, she is more important.
- Appreciate little things- learn to appreciate your soul mate every time. Appreciating every little thing makes your partner want to do more. When your partner sees you are happy for the small deeds, they want to do more to see you happy. I remember Kelvin said he loves to buy things and do things for Clara because Clara’s face brightens when she receives gifts. Appreciation goes a long way, and they help keep a relationship hot.
- Speak Your partner’s love language- love languages differ, and it is a very powerful tool in keeping a relationship alive. You need to understand each other’s love language to keep your relationship alive.
- Learn to apologize and forgive- saying sorry for little things genuinely can help you and your partner keep your relationship alive. Apologize and take action to change. You should also learn to forgive easily, don’t hold on to past mistakes of your partner, instead forgive and forget when your partner apologizes.
- Put your love into action- don’t just use only words to tell your partner you love him; always remember to put your love in action. Let your significant other see and feel the love you have for him, not just hear it. Showing you love your partner shows you mean the words you say. He won’t find it difficult to trust you and believe what you say. Don’t get tired of saying and showing you care; it will help your relationship.
- Spend time apart once in a while- give your relationship a break once in a while, go out with your friends, allow him to go to a different place, and have fun. This will make you miss each other by the time you are back together.
- Do not keep things from each other- when your partner finds out about the secrets you keep, the trust he has for you diminishes, and he finds it difficult to confide in you.
- Agree before going to bed- try always to settle whatever dispute you have before you sleep, make it a rule, always to agree before you sleep. This will help you to have a healthy relationship.
- Dress up for each other- the way you appear matters a lot to your partner. When you look attractive, your partner wants more of you, and he will love to go to places with you to show you off. That way, you can also keep your relationship alive.
- Respect each other’s opinion- always allow your partner to give his opinion, it matters a lot. There are two people in a relationship; both opinions matter. It should not be one-sided if you desire a hot, beautiful relationship.
How to keep a relationship interesting
Relationships are usually hot, alive, and interesting initially, but it might get boring as time goes on. Most relationships have ended all because partners no longer feel the spark they felt in the beginning. If you need to make your relationship interesting, here are tips for you:
- Learn to be each other’s best friend- You should learn to enjoy each other’s company. Do anything you would do with your best friend and more with your partner. Start seeing your partner as your best friend to keep your relationship hot.
- Don’t stop texting each other- texting is a way of reassuring your partner that you still love him; you are also reminding him of the time you were both feeling butterflies. Don’t stop telling your partner how much he means to you; it helps to keep a relationship alive.
- Create a couple’s routine- do things together at a particular time, like sunbathing together on Fridays, running marathons on Saturdays, reading books on Sundays. These routines will make you have fun together, have many memories, think of each other a lot, and keep your relationship alive.
- Bring back what made you feel the spark- there have to be things that made you fall head over heels then. Has he stopped doing them? Bring them back, tell him how much you miss them. You should also do the things you have stopped doing.
- Be romantic- keep the romance alive, don’t allow the romance in you to fade away. Kiss your partner in public, open the car door for her, plan lovely surprises for him. Your partner is still the same person you always wanted to show that you are the most caring and romantic person in the world. Why should you stop now when he is still very much the same.
How to keep a long-distance relationship alive
Keeping a long-distance relationship alive is not as easy as being close to each other; it takes a strong commitment and deep love to keep such a relationship strong and alive.
Here are some quotes that can help you in your relationship:
“A loving relationship is one in which the loved one is free to be himself — to laugh with me, but never at me; to cry with me, but never because of me; to love life, to love himself, to love being loved. Such a relationship is based upon freedom and can never grow in a jealous heart.”
– Leo F. Buscaglia
“You don’t develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.”
When a woman is talking to you, listen to what she says with her eyes.”
— Victor Hugo
You may also read
Above all, I hope you find useful tips to help keep your relationship alive